[ANN] dcov 0.2.1 released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy McAnally, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. I just pushed a new release of dcov to Rubyforge. dcov is a tool to
    help you analyze the documentation of your Ruby code. This release
    builds on previous releases and checks coverage (i.e., is there
    documentation at all?) and adds quality analysis (e.g., did you
    document all the parameters? Is there an options list, and if so, is
    it documented? and so on).

    (Disclaimer: I realize quality is very subjective, and you are able to
    write your own analyzers very easily if you'd like to do your own
    subjective analysis)

    Now, on to the release. This is version 0.2.1 (Fun and Fanciful
    Edition). It will analyze your source code and produce an HTML report
    of what it found out. It is invoked by simply running:

    dcov my_file.rb my_other_file.rb that_file.rb

    The coverage.html file will be created in the current working directory.

    Please do use the RubyForge bug tracker or my inbox to file bugs. I'm
    working on a better solution, but for now that will function. If
    there's enough interest, I'll spin up a mailing list or you can join
    me in #dcov on Freenode (please do! ChanServ isn't a very good
    conversationalist).

    You can get the release one of three ways:

    (1) gem install dcov
    (2) download it from RubyForge here: http://rubyforge.org/projects/dcov/
    (3) grab it from svn: svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/dcov

    Visit http://dcov.rubyforge.org/ to stay up to date on what's going on
    with this project...

    Cheers!
    Jeremy

    --
    http://www.jeremymcanally.com/

    My free Ruby e-book:

    My blogs:
    http://www.mrneighborly.com/
    http://www.rubyinpractice.com/

    Jeremy McAnally, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Jeremy McAnally

    Une Bévue Guest

    install failed :
    ~%> sudo gem install dcov
    Password:
    Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
    Install required dependency ruport? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency transaction-simple? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency hoe? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency rubyforge? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency rake? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency fastercsv? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency pdf-writer? [Yn] Y
    Install required dependency color-tools? [Yn] Y
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
    404 Not Found
    does svn too needs dependancies or are them incorporated ?

    Une Bévue, Sep 17, 2007

  3. Oops. Seems I forgot to pull Ruport out of the gemspec. I'll drop a
    new gem on there in a minute, and it should be propagated in a short
    while.

    --Jeremy

    --=20

    Jeremy McAnally, Sep 17, 2007
  4. Jeremy McAnally

    Une Bévue Guest

    Fine thanks !

    that's OK now :
    ~/Desktop%> sudo gem install -r dcov
    Password:
    Need to update 8 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
    complete
    Successfully installed dcov-0.2.2
    Installing ri documentation for dcov-0.2.2...
    Installing RDoc documentation for dcov-0.2.2...

    Une Bévue, Sep 17, 2007