[ANN] dcov 0.2.1 released

Jeremy McAnally

I just pushed a new release of dcov to Rubyforge. dcov is a tool to
help you analyze the documentation of your Ruby code. This release
builds on previous releases and checks coverage (i.e., is there
documentation at all?) and adds quality analysis (e.g., did you
document all the parameters? Is there an options list, and if so, is
it documented? and so on).

(Disclaimer: I realize quality is very subjective, and you are able to
write your own analyzers very easily if you'd like to do your own
subjective analysis)

Now, on to the release. This is version 0.2.1 (Fun and Fanciful
Edition). It will analyze your source code and produce an HTML report
of what it found out. It is invoked by simply running:

dcov my_file.rb my_other_file.rb that_file.rb

The coverage.html file will be created in the current working directory.

Please do use the RubyForge bug tracker or my inbox to file bugs. I'm
working on a better solution, but for now that will function. If
there's enough interest, I'll spin up a mailing list or you can join
me in #dcov on Freenode (please do! ChanServ isn't a very good
conversationalist).

You can get the release one of three ways:

(1) gem install dcov
(2) download it from RubyForge here: http://rubyforge.org/projects/dcov/
(3) grab it from svn: svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/dcov

Visit http://dcov.rubyforge.org/ to stay up to date on what's going on
with this project...

Cheers!
Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremymcanally.com/

My free Ruby e-book:

My blogs:
http://www.mrneighborly.com/
http://www.rubyinpractice.com/

Une Bévue

Jeremy McAnally said:
You can get the release one of three ways:

(1) gem install dcov

install failed :
~%> sudo gem install dcov
Password:
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency ruport? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency transaction-simple? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency hoe? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency rubyforge? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency rake? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency fastercsv? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency pdf-writer? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency color-tools? [Yn] Y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
404 Not Found
(2) download it from RubyForge here: http://rubyforge.org/projects/dcov/
(3) grab it from svn: svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/dcov

does svn too needs dependancies or are them incorporated ?

Jeremy McAnally

Oops. Seems I forgot to pull Ruport out of the gemspec. I'll drop a
new gem on there in a minute, and it should be propagated in a short
while.

--Jeremy

Jeremy McAnally said:
[...]

--=20

Jeremy McAnally said:
Oops. Seems I forgot to pull Ruport out of the gemspec. I'll drop a
new gem on there in a minute, and it should be propagated in a short
while.

Fine thanks !

that's OK now :
~/Desktop%> sudo gem install -r dcov
Password:
Need to update 8 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
complete
Successfully installed dcov-0.2.2
Installing ri documentation for dcov-0.2.2...
Installing RDoc documentation for dcov-0.2.2...