ANN: eGenix mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface 3.0.4

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface

Version 3.0.4

mxODBC is our commercially supported Python extension providing
ODBC database connectivity to Python applications
on Windows, Unix and BSD platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-3.0.4-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

mxODBC provides an easy-to-use, high-performance, reliable and robust
Python interface to ODBC compatible databases such as MS SQL Server,
MS Access, Oracle Database, IBM DB2 and Informix , Sybase ASE and
Sybase Anywhere, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP MaxDB and many more:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

The "eGenix mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface" product is a
commercial extension to our open-source eGenix mx Base Distribution:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

NEWS

mxODBC 3.0.4 is a patch-level release and includes the following
updates:

* Fixed Mac OS X Intel builds:

The Mac OS X builds for 3.0.3 had a problem finding the installed
iODBC administrator libraries on Intel Macs. This problem has now
been resolved.

Note: If you are having trouble finding the ODBC administrator on
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), this is because the initial release
of 10.6 did not include the administrator GUI. You can download the
update with the ODBC administrator from the Apple support
site:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/ODBC_Administrator_Tool_for_Mac_OS_X

Since mxODBC for Mac OS X is currently only available for 32-bit
PPC and Intel platforms, be sure to use the Python.org 32-bit Mac
OS X installer for installing Python and 32-bit ODBC drivers on
Snow Leopard.

* Enhanced support detecting platform mismatches:

We have added better support for detecting mismatches between the
downloaded prebuilt archive and the installation target
configuration to the prebuilt archive installers.

The setup.py script now prints an error message explaining the
mismatch rather then trying to rebuild the extension.

For the full set of changes please check the mxODBC change log:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/changelog.html

For the full set of features mxODBC has to offer, please see:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Features

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

In order to use the eGenix mxODBC package you will first need to
install the eGenix mx Base package:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

UPGRADING

You are encouraged to upgrade to this latest mxODBC release,
especially if you are using MS SQL Server or Informix as database
server.

Customers who have purchased mxODBC 3.0 licenses can download and
install this patch-level release on top of their existing
installations. The licenses will continue to work with version 3.0.4.

Users of mxODBC 1.0 and 2.0 will have to purchase new licenses from
our online shop in order to upgrade to mxODBC 3.0.4.

You can request 30-day evaluation licenses by visiting our web-site at

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Evaluation

or writing to (e-mail address removed), stating your name (or the name of the
company) and the number of eval licenses that you need.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

INFORMATION

About Python (http://www.python.org/):

Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language
which runs on all modern platforms. By integrating ease-of-use,
clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity and rapid
application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
platform for today's IT challenges.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
focusing on expert services and professional quality products for
companies, Python users and developers.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg