ANN: eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime 1.0.0

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime

Version 1.0.0

An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-PyRun-1.0.0.html

INTRODUCTION

Our new eGenix PyRun combines a Python interpreter with an almost
complete Python standard library into a single easy-to-use
executable, that does not require a system wide installation and
is fully relocatable.

eGenix PyRun's executable only needs 12MB, but still supports
most Python application and scripts - and it can be further
compressed to 3-4MB using gzexe or upx.

Compared to a regular Python installation of typically 100MB on
disk, this makes eGenix PyRun ideal for applications and scripts
that need to be distributed to many target machines, client
installations or customers.

It makes "installing" Python on a Unix based system as simple as
copying a single file.

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

NEWS

This is the first public release of eGenix PyRun. We have been
using the product internally in our mxODBC Connect Server since
2008 with great success and have now extracted it into a
stand-alone open-source product.

We provide both the source archive to build your own eGenix
PyRun, as well as provide pre-compiled binaries for Linux,
FreeBSD and Mac OS X, for the resp. 32- and 64-bit platforms.

Presentation at EuroPython 2012
-------------------------------

Marc-André, CEO of eGenix, will be giving a presentation about
eGenix PyRun at EuroPython 2012 in Florence, Italy on Wednesday,
July 4th in the Room Tagliatelle.

He will also be available during the conference to answer
questions.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the product
can be found at:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information about eGenix PyRun, licensing and download
instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
(e-mail address removed).

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg