[ANN] First gathering of #ruby-pro on 27th of June, 23:00 UT

Stefan Rusterholz

I'm proud to announce that #ruby-pro will be holding its first gathering
on Friday.
#ruby-pro is an IRC channel[1] on irc.freenode.org where experienced and
advanced Ruby coders can meet and talk, and
where less experienced Rubyists can watch and learn.
One of #ruby-pro's aims is to spread knowledge. To that end we hold
gatherings
where several topics are presented, each by a host and each in the
format the host of that topic considers best.

The topics of the June 27 gathering will be:
- BreezeForms: a library to deal with webforms
- Treetop: Parse anything from configuration files to programming
languages
- git: tutorial, walkthrough and demo through the distributed revision
control software
- EventMachine: general walkthrough, some example apps, and a sampling
of the “really fast†stuff

Planned time for the topics is 45 minutes total. If we should exceed one
hour, subsequent topics can be postponed to the next gathering to allow
us to give them full and fair treatment.

Since this is the first gathering it has the touch of the experimental.
We don't know yet how it will work out. But we invite everybody
wholeheartedly to join, listen and discuss afterwards.

To join the gathering, join #ruby-pro-gathering on irc.freenode.net at
23:00 UTC.
If you're new to IRC, the wikipedia entry lists some software for
different platforms.

More information about #ruby-pro is available on http://ruby-pro.org

Regards
Stefan Rusterholz ("apeiros")

1: Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet chat or
synchronous conferencing.
It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums
called channels, but also
allows one-to-one communication via private message, as well as chat
and data transfers via
Direct Client-to-Client.
For more information, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

Stefan Rusterholz

Small reminder to those interested: The gathering will take place in
less than one hour
(23:00 UTC).
If you got troubles got troubles joining the channel, just ask here.

Regards
Stefan Rusterholz (aka apeiros)

Stefan Rusterholz

And a last minute notice: ruby-pro.org might be down several times
before 23.00 utc since I prepare demo code. Just retry 5min later.