[ANN] hitimes 1.1.0 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

hitimes version 1.1.0 has been released.

{{ Release notes for Version 1.1.0 }}

* Add a pure java extension so hitimes may be used in JRuby exactly
as it is used in MRI.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/hitimes/

=== Installation

gem install hitimes

=== Description

Hitimes is a fast, high resolution timer library for recording
performance metrics. It uses the appropriate low level method calls for
each system to get the highest granularity time increments possible.

It currently supports any of the following systems:

* any system with the POSIX call clock_gettime()
* Mac OS X
* Windows
* JRuby

Chuck Remes

hitimes version 1.1.0 has been released.

{{ Release notes for Version 1.1.0 }}

* Add a pure java extension so hitimes may be used in JRuby exactly
as it is used in MRI.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/hitimes/

=== Installation

gem install hitimes

=== Description

Hitimes is a fast, high resolution timer library for recording
performance metrics. It uses the appropriate low level method calls for
each system to get the highest granularity time increments possible.

JRuby support? Excellent...

cr

Jeremy Hinegardner

JRuby support? Excellent...

Yup, Roger Pack sent me the suggestion, I figured why not. If you think
Hitimes is missing anything, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

enjoy,

-jeremy

Charles Oliver Nutter

FWIW, this is a really good example of how to write JRuby extensions.
I'm biased, of course, but I think they come out pretty nice; you need
to understand a bit of Java, but then the rest is really easy.

Thanks for adding JRuby support, Jeremy :)

hitimes version 1.1.0 has been released.

{{ Release notes for Version 1.1.0 }}

* Add a pure java extension so hitimes may be used in JRuby exactly
=C2=A0as it is used in MRI.

=C2=A0 =C2=A0http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/hitimes/

=3D=3D=3D Installation

=C2=A0gem install hitimes

=3D=3D=3D Description

Hitimes is a fast, high resolution timer library for recording
performance metrics. =C2=A0It uses the appropriate low level method calls= for
each system to get the highest granularity time increments possible.

It currently supports any of the following systems:

* any system with the POSIX call clock_gettime()
* Mac OS X
* Windows
* JRuby
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0jeremy@hinegardner.=