[ANN] IDE with support for upcoming Java 1.5 language features

Omnicore Software

Hi!

We have just released version 6.1 of CodeGuide, our fast and
powerful IDE for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

A free 20 days-of-use trial can be downloaded from our website at
http://www.omnicore.com

The new version offers major enhancements:

- Support for upcoming Java 1.5 language features

CodeGuide fully supports generic types as specified in JSR 14 and all
other language enhancements as specified in JSR 201: enums, varargs,
autoboxing, static imports and the enhanced for loop. Code completion,
compilation and refactorings are aware of the new features.

http://www.omnicore.com/index.jsp?page=htmls/newlanguage.html

- Generify refactoring

The Generify refactoring is a powerfull tool which converts old
projects to make use of generic types. The generic parameter types
are infered by CodeGuide by analyzing the existing code of the
whole project. Generification affects variables, fields and classes.

- Other enhancements

File navigation has been improved allowing for easy management of
many open files and the possibility to jump to any symbol in the source
code by its name. Support for EMACS keybindings has been integrated.
Multiple compilation targets and compilation into JAR archives is now
possible. JUnit support is included.

Any feedback is much appreciated. You can share thoughts about CodeGuide
using our bulletin board at http://forum.omnicore.com.

Best regards,

The CodeGuide team
Omnicore Software
www.omnicore.com

Tim Tyler

: - Generify refactoring

: The Generify refactoring is a powerfull tool which converts old
: projects to make use of generic types. The generic parameter types
: are infered by CodeGuide by analyzing the existing code of the
: whole project. Generification affects variables, fields and classes.

It sounds like a useful one. Congrats on having a go at it.