[ANN] InFormal 0.1.1 Released

Tom Hawkins

Hello,

I just released InFormal 0.1.1: a new open-source assertion based
verification tool. InFormal can prove the correctness of Verilog
designs without using simulation -- otherwise known as formal
verification.

With release 0.1.1, InFormal now provides initial support for
PSL/Sugar. Currently only a small subset of PSL is supported, but
it's PSL never the less.

Though InFormal is in very early beta, it has already uncovered bugs
in real designs -- in part thanks to automatic assertions. Using
InFormal's automatic assertions, engineers can find potential design
issues without having to explicitly define PSL properties.

InFormal leverages the elaboration and synthesis technology of Icarus
Verilog with the high performance symbolic model checking engine of
NuSMV. Many thanks to the Icarus and NuSMV teams for providing their
awesome open-source technology.

For more information on InFormal, including source code and Linux
binaries, visit:

http://www.confluent.org/

Enjoy!

-Tom

Nicolas Matringe

Tom Hawkins a écrit:
Hello,

InFormal can prove the correctness of Verilog designs without using simulation

I'm sure VHDL users will be very happy to know this...

Tom Hawkins

Nicolas Matringe said:
Tom Hawkins a écrit:

I'm sure VHDL users will be very happy to know this...

Sounds like you're volunteering! The InFormal netlist representation
is very straight forward. Simply write some code for GHDL to generate
an InFormal netlist; then you're all set: formal verification with
VHDL.

-Tom