[ANN] Instant Rails 1.0 preview6

Curt Hibbs

------=_Part_4414_22559382.1134533637234

This release upgrades Rails to version 1.0.

Instant Rails is a one-stop Rails runtime solution containing Ruby, Rails,
Apache, and MySQL, all preconfigured and ready to run. No installer, you
simply drop it into the directory of your choice and run it. It does not
modify your system environment. This release of Instant Rails for Windows,
but there are plans for ports to Linux, BSD, and OSX.

The Instant Rails home page has links for downloading and getting started
with Instant Rails:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/

If you already have Instant Rails installed, then bedure to read the upgrad=
instructions:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?How_To_Upgrade

Preview3 fixes a few minor bugs and upgrades Rails to 1.0 Release Candidate
3 (aka 0.14.2). It also updates SCGI and the Apache side (bug fix for AJAX
problems), and SCGI Rails Runner to Zed Shaw's latest version 0.4.3.

Instant Rails -- Change Log
=3D=3D

2005.12.14 Instant Rails preview6

* Upgraded Rails to 1.0 final

* Instant Rails now detects being run from a directory path
that containd spaces, issues a warning, and quits.

2005-11-08: Instant Rails 1.0 preview5

* Upgraded Rails to Rails 1.0: The Release Candidate 4 (aka 0.14.3)

2005-11-01: Instant Rails 1.0 preview4

* Added mysql\bin to the path in console windows.

2005-10-27: Instant Rails 1.0 preview3

* Upgraded Rails to Rails 1.0: The Release Candidate 3 (aka 0.14.2)

* Upgraded to SCGI Rails Runer 0.4.3

* Added "fxri" to the help menu.

* Fixed a problem where console windows were being opened in the
wrong current directory. This meant that ruby\bin wasn't being
put on the path which, in turn, meant you couldn't execute the
"gem" or "rails" commands.

* Fixed several minor problems.

* Created this change log! Also, added a ToDo.txt file.

------=_Part_4414_22559382.1134533637234--

James Britt

Curt said:
This release upgrades Rails to version 1.0.

Instant Rails is a one-stop Rails runtime solution containing Ruby, Rails,
Apache, and MySQL, all preconfigured and ready to run. No installer, you
simply drop it into the directory of your choice and run it. It does not
modify your system environment. This release of Instant Rails for Windows,
but there are plans for ports to Linux, BSD, and OSX.

Curt,

I looked at the FAQ, but didn't find anything about having MySQL use a
different port. Is this configurable?

Thanks,

James

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools

Curt Hibbs

Curt,

I looked at the FAQ, but didn't find anything about having MySQL use a
different port. Is this configurable?

Yes.

In the main Instant Rails menu (press the Alt-key or click on the "I"
button), select the menu command "Configure >> MySQL". This will bring
up the MySQL configuration template file in notepad. Add a new line:

port=3D3210

(or whatever port number you want).

When you save the configuration file, Instant Rails will detect this
and automatically restart MySQL.

Curt

James Britt

Curt said:
Yes.

In the main Instant Rails menu (press the Alt-key or click on the "I"
button), select the menu command "Configure >> MySQL". This will bring
up the MySQL configuration template file in notepad. Add a new line:

port=3210

(or whatever port number you want).

When you save the configuration file, Instant Rails will detect this
and automatically restart MySQL.

Sweet. Thanks!