[ANN] jsonrpclib for accessing JSON-RPC from python

matt

Folks-

I've created some python code for accessing JSON-RPC (think xmlrpc but
replace XML with JSON). I've written an article about it here:
http://developer.spikesource.com/wiki/index.php/Article:Accessing_JSON-RPC_with_Python

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

I also have a question for the python community on coding style. As I
said above, replace xml with JSON, well that's basically what I did. I
took the code for xmlrpclib and made it serialize to json instead of
xml. I didn't subclass xmlrpclib.ServerProxy, but probably could have
and made the library about 15 lines of code rather than 300.

I didn't because I thought it made the code more understandable if it
was all in one place. Also, if in the code diverges in the future, it
will be less confusing.

Should I have subclassed? Or should xmlrpclib be refactored to
FOOrpclib, and have xmlrpclib and jsonrpclib derive from them?
(Probably not, since it's in the stdlib...)

thanks

matt