[ANN] kgio 2.5.0 - kinder, gentler I/O for Ruby!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Wong, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    kgio 2.5.0 - a minor feature update

    kgio provides non-blocking I/O methods for Ruby without raising
    exceptions on EAGAIN and EINPROGRESS. It is intended for use with the
    Unicorn and Rainbows! Rack servers, but may be used by other
    applications (that run on Unix-like platforms).

    * http://bogomips.org/kgio/
    *
    * git://bogomips.org/kgio.git

    Changes:

    * Kgio::File.tryopen method added. It is like File.open
    but won't raise exceptions. The Kgio::File class includes
    Kgio::pipeMethods, so FIFOs opened through this get the
    kgio_* API.

    * The kgio_wait_*able methods in Kgio::DefaultWaiters
    now accept an optional timeout argument.

    Eric Wong, Jun 20, 2011