[ANN] KirbyBase 2.1

Jamey Cribbs

I would like to announce version 2.1 of KirbyBase, a simple, pure-Ruby
database management system that stores it's data in plain-text files.

You can download the new version here:

Windows: http://www.netpromi.com/files/KirbyBase_Ruby_2.1.zip
Linux/Unix: http://www.netpromi.com/files/KirbyBase_Ruby_2.1.tar.gz

You can find out more about Kirbybase at:

http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase_ruby.html

Again I would like to thank Hal Fulton for his invaluable help in
putting out this latest version of KirbyBase. Most of the enhancements
are due in large part to his ideas, suggestions, and advice.

List of changes:

* Changed the interface to KirbyBase#new and KirbyBase#create_table. You
can now specify arguments via a code block or as part of the argument
list.

* Added the ability to specify a class at table creation time.
Thereafter, whenever you do a #select, the result set will be an array
of instances of that class, instead of instances of Struct. You can
also use instances of this class as the argument to #insert, #update,
#set.

* Added the ability to encrypt a table so that it is no longer stored as
a plain-text file.

* Added the ability to explicity specify that you want a result set to be
sorted in ascending order.

* Added the ability to import a csv file into an existing table.

* Added the ability to select a record as if the table were a Hash with
it's key being the recno field.

* Added the ability to update a record as if the table were a Hash with
it's key being the recno field.

Enjoy!

Jamey Cribbs
(e-mail address removed)