[ANN] Maintenance Release of Verify - 0.3.1

Robert Dober

No I did not do this on purpose ;)

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D3824
or
gem install verify
or
gem update verify

v 0.3.1
2009-06-24 Verify
-----------------
* Heavy refactoring, the code sucks much less now.
* Trying to get it to run with JRuby --1.9, no such luck, waiting for
the next release.

Enjoy
Robert

--=20
Toutes les grandes personnes ont d=92abord =E9t=E9 des enfants, mais peu
d=92entre elles s=92en souviennent.

All adults have been children first, but not many remember.

[Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry]

Ryan Davis

No I did not do this on purpose ;)

and the lack of a description? was that on purpose too?

From here I found:

The Labrador package is to programming what the Labrador bread is to
dogs, for me. I like it. Very compact enum method API, Ivar Free
Ruby by means of closure based properties and who knows what will
come...

nom nom Labrador bread nom

and yet, still no idea what this software is, besides tasty.

Robert Dober

This is only a maintenance release I did not want to advertise my tiny
package too much.
I just have no time to update my Rubyforge project homepage, but there
is a short description http://labrador.rubyforge.org/
Here is the README

This is the very simple Verify mini test framework

It emphasises on being able to check things out quickly without having
to load a heavy test
framework.
It evolves around my needs but for the time being it is pretty lightweight.

require 'verify'

Verify "Some Important Facts" do
verify "42 is true" do
42
end
refute "42 is pretty big" do
42 > 100_000
end
verify_exceptions NoMethodError do
42.unrelinguished!
end
end

These forms are very easy to remember, but sometimes one needs to see where=
the
errors, are, in order to achieve that one can use the parameter form

Verify "With parameters" do
verify msg: "Everything is well", target: 42, actual: 21 * 2
refute msg: "But not too much", target: 42, actual: 41
end

Mockify allows to capture stdout or simulate stdin, all you need to do is t=
require 'mockify' *before* requiring 'verify' and than you can provide stdi=
and get stdout

Verify "Providing stdin" do
with_input %w{The Quick Brown Fox} do
verify %{first line is "The"} do
"The" =3D=3D gets.chomp
end
end
end

Verify "Capturing stdout" do
out =3D with_output do | o |
puts 42
verify target: "42\n", actual: o.string
end
end
verify msg: "with_output converted out to an array of lines",
actual: out.map( &:chomp ),
target: %w{ 42 }
end

Enjoy