[ANN] Motiro 0.4.2 released

Thiago Arrais

Motiro is a tool for tracking software projects. It has borrowed its
name from an ancient tupy word meaning a work gathering. Motiro is a
time when people get together to collaborate on a common goal such as
harvesting food or building houses.

I have been working on this little thing for some time now on my spare
time. Version 0.4.2 is the seventh release, it features a Subversion
front end, an event notification system and a smallish wiki-like
language for page edition with support for translation.

Motiro is written in Ruby using the Rails framework, so I thought
someone here would be interested. If anyone wants to take a look at it
(or even help me write the thing), Motiro is self-hosting at:

http://motiro.railsplayground.com

A reference to the mailing list can be found inside that page. Source
code can be downloaded at the following Source Forge page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D173790

Motiro is open-source software licensed under the GPL.

Do not forget to have fun,

Thiago Arrais
--=20
Mergulhando no Caos - http://thiagoarrais.blogspot.com
Pensamentos, id=E9ias e devaneios sobre desenvolvimento de software e
tecnologia em geral

James Edward Gray II

Motiro is a tool for tracking software projects.

This looks interesting. Am I understanding right that this is a Trac-
like project?

James Edward Gray II

Thiago Arrais

This looks interesting. Am I understanding right that this is a Trac-
like project?

I actually had Trac in mind when I started the project, so the answer
to your question would be 'yes'. But I am aiming for a simpler thing
right now.

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais
--=20
Mergulhando no Caos - http://thiagoarrais.blogspot.com
Pensamentos, id=E9ias e devaneios sobre desenvolvimento de software e
tecnologia em geral

Matt Todd

Yeah, this sounds interesting. Is there a working demo for us to mess
around with?

M.T.

Thiago Arrais

Is there a working demo for us to mess
around with?

Yeah, Matt. Motiro is currently self-hosting on the address I gave on
the original post. That one is a stable (release) version. In case you
missed it, the URL is:

http://motiro.railsplayground.com/

The development (most up-to-date) version is available at:

http://thiagoarrais.no-ip.org:3000/

Please note this last link will lead you to a not very well connected
server, so you may experience some lag. Finally, if you want to run it
yourself, you can always download the source at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D173790

And the development repository can be found at:

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/motiro/trunk

(You will need a SSL-enabled Subversion client for that)

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais
--=20
Mergulhando no Caos - http://thiagoarrais.blogspot.com
Pensamentos, id=E9ias e devaneios sobre desenvolvimento de software e
tecnologia em geral

Matt Todd

What I meant was that I wanted to know if there was one that we could
play around with... with credentials.

I'll just download it and run it later. I was just curious if there
was a sandbox of your app for people to play in.

M.T.

Thiago Arrais

What I meant was that I wanted to know if there was one that we could
play around with... with credentials.

Oh, sorry. Not yet. :-(

You'll have to download it and run it yourself for that.

Regards,