ANN: Pyrex 0.9.4 - LValue Casts are Dead!

greg

Pyrex 0.9.4 is now available:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/

Highlights of this version:

No more lvalue casts
I have redesigned the code generator to eliminate the need
for lvalue casting. This means that Pyrex-generated code
should now be gcc4-compatible, although I haven't tested
this. Let me know if you find any remaining lvalue casts;
they should be fairly easy to fix now.

C++ compilable
The generated code should now be compilable as either C
or C++ without errors (although there may still be
warnings). However, note that you can still only call
C++ functions if they have been declared "extern C",
even if you compile the Pyrex output as C++. I hope to
introduce some C++ interface features soon.

And more...
A slew of other improvements and bug fixes have been
made, see the CHANGES.txt file in the distribution or
on the web page.

What is Pyrex?

Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
all Python reference counting and error checking handled
automatically.