ANN: Python Graph Wiki

Magnus Lie Hetland

Based on a tiny spark of interest in comp.lang.python, I've created a
temporary wiki for chiseling out a possible standard API/protocol for
graphs in Python at

http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python-graph-wiki.cgi

This is *not* about creating a standard module or standard code. It
*is* about defining a standard notion of graph -- how they should
behave to increase interoperability between graph algorithms.

The idea is that if there is enough interest -- and enough ideas --
there may eventually be a proposal for an informational PEP, similar
to the Python DB API.

If you have thoughts or ideas, feel free to contribute.

NOTE: The entire wiki *will* be deleted in the future. This is for
temporary discussion only. If you contribute material that you wish to
keep, keep a backup of it yourself. Everything added to the wiki is
considered to be in the public domain.

Jeremy Bowers

Based on a tiny spark of interest in comp.lang.python, I've created a
temporary wiki for chiseling out a possible standard API/protocol for
graphs in Python at

I tried to add something but the site isn't accepting it. The server may
be too slow to run a wiki? I can read from it OK, albeit slowly.

Magnus Lie Hetland

I tried to add something but the site isn't accepting it. The server may
be too slow to run a wiki? I can read from it OK, albeit slowly.

Yes, it seems the machine is quite slow (it was just easier for me to
use it at the moment than my own box...) It does seem to work, though.
Others have been able to add some material. Perhaps you could try
again? (And -- do you have any more specifics on how things failed?)

Andrew Dalke

Magnus said:
Others have been able to add some material. Perhaps you could try
again? (And -- do you have any more specifics on how things failed?)

For me my post and my previews time out after 60
seconds and the changes never get on the page.

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)

Magnus Lie Hetland

For me my post and my previews time out after 60
seconds and the changes never get on the page.

Hm. How weird.

Anyway -- based on a suggestion (not really sure by whom -- this is
the nature of wiki ;) I've moved the wiki to the Python wiki:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonGraphApi

Hopefully that should work OK.

(Was it you who suggested this, Skip? You seem to be the only one who
has subscribed to the page...)