[ANN] Last news from Python FOSDEM 2014

Stéphane Wirtel

Python @ FOSDEM 2014
####################

Hi all,

Last news about the Python devroom at FOSDEM 2014 [1]

Schedule
========

There is a last change in the schedule, "PyPy: a fast Python Virtual
Machine"
will replace "Web Scraping 101 in Python". Yasoob can't be present in
Belgium :/

+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| TimeSlot | Talk
| Speaker |
+==========+==============================================================+======================+
| 09:00 | Logic Programming in Python
| Pierre Carbonnelle |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 09:30 | Introduction to py.test fixtures
| Floris Bruynooghe |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 10:00 | openpyxl
| Eric Gazoni |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 10:30 | Introducing the Eve REST API Framework
| Nicola Iarocci |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 11:00 | Stack switching for fun and profit
| Saúl Ibarra Corretgé |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 11:30 | SQLAlchemy Drill
| Erik Janssens |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 12:00 | Some recipes with Alembic
| Claude Huchet |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 12:30 | Post-mortem Debugging and Web Development
| Alessandro Molina |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 14:00 | The next generation Python Software Foundation (PSF)
| Marc-Andre Lemburg |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 14:30 | How PyPy makes your code run fast
| Romain Guillebert |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 15:00 | Using All These Cores: Transactional Memory under the hood
| Armin Rigo |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 15:30 | A deep dive into PEP3156, the new asyncio module
| Saúl Ibarra Corretgé |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 16:00 | Concurrent pr ogramming with Python and my little
experiment | Benoit Chesneau |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 16:30 | Integrating Python and C using CFFI
| Floris Bruynooghe |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 17:00 | PyPy : a fast Python Virtual Machine
| Romain Guillebert |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| 17:30 | Generators, or how to step to the infinite and beyond
| Andrea Crotti |
+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+

Sponsors
========

We are glad to announce you that we have a lot of awesome sponsors for
the
event.

Gold
----

Affinitic
Built on expertise achieved over more than 10 years in the
development and
implementation of web solutions Affinitic is your ideal partner
through every
stage of your project: from its conception and analysis to its
final
implementation, not forgetting vital training support.The

strength competence, quality and safety of our developments are
based on our
skill in the domain of open source software and our active presence
in
communities of developers.

http://www.affinitic.be

Python Software Foundation
The Python Software Foundation (PSF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
corporation that
holds the intellectual property rights behind the Python
programming language.
We manage the open source licensing for Python version 2.1 and
later and own and
protect the trademarks associated with Python.We also run the North
Ameri

can PyCon conference annually, support other Python conferences
around the
world, and fund Python related development with our grants program
and by
funding special projects.

http://www.python.org/psf

Silver
------

Github
GitHub is the best way to build software together.Whether it's your
company's
app, your favorite open source library, or a weekend side project,
GitHub helps
everyone work together better by providing tools for easier
collaboration and
code sharing.Catch up on what happened while you were out or ask
for help on a
tricky chunk of code.Manage and contribute to projects from all
your devices.The
best part is you can keep using all of your favorite tools.Start
collaborating
on code today—open source project hosting is free!

http://github.com

AFPy
L'association "A.F.P.Y.", Association Francophone Python, a pour
but la
vulgarisation auprès d'un public francophone du langage de
programmation python
et de ses applications.

http://www.afpy.org

Eyepea
Open Source VoIP System Integrator.
Eyepea is a VoIP (Voice over IP) system integrator building
solutions around Open Source
platforms such as Asterisk, sipX, OpenSIPS etc.

http://www.eyepea.eu

Friday Beer Event
=================

While coming over to Brussels to attend FOSDEM, don't miss this great
opportunity to taste some of the finest beer in Belgium (and hence in
the
world).

Further information about the Friday Beer Event [2]

Dinner
======

The next *Aperos Python Belgium* [3] will take place on saturday,
February 1st in
Brussels, during the FOSDEM conference that take place at ULB from 1st
to 2nd
February.

In addition to the regulars or AFPyro , we are also pleased to meet the
attendees
of FOSDEM [1] using Python.

As usual, you can come just for drinking and sharing one (or many)
drinks or if
you wish, you can also register for the meal that follows, in a near
place, at
*Chez Léon* for 20:30, rue des Bouchers 18, B-1000 Brussels.

Meeting from 18:45, on first floor of Delirium cafe, Impasse De La
Fidélité 4, 1000
Brussels.

If you are a FOSDEM attendee, you can meet us at the Python stand, 1st
floor of K Building,
from 18h to go to Delirium cafe together.

Please sign up in order to book the place:
http://doodle.com/mn3yck6n3xxidsim

Further information about the next AFPyros in Belgium: *Aperos Python
Belgium* [3]

Stand
=====

This edition will have a stand for the Python Community.
There will be the Python Software Foundation, the Association
Francophone of
Python and the goodies.

It's the opportunity to support the Python Community!

Goodies
=======

This year, you will have the opportunities to buy a t-shirt, a mug of
the event.
Some stickers will be available of your laptop ;-)

Please, share this post !

You can follow us via our Twitter account [4].

Stephane Wirtel for Python-FOSDEM [5], for the Python Community.

[1] http://fosdem.org/2014
[2] https://fosdem.org/2014/practical/beerevent/
[3] http://afpyro.afpy.org/dates/2014/2014_02_01.html
[4] https://twitter.com/PythonFOSDEM