[ANN] Rails Book 2nd Edition now shipping

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Andrew Hunt, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Andrew Hunt

    Andrew Hunt Guest

    It's been a long time coming, but we're very pleased to announced
    that Agile Web Development with Rails, 2nd Edition, is now in stock
    and shipping. Get 'em while they're hot :)

    For details, please visit http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails

    The Rails community needs the most up-to-date information it can get.
    So here's the Second Edition of the Jolt Award winning book that
    shows you a new approach to web development:

    * develop sophisticated web applications quickly and easily;
    * use incremental and iterative development to create the web apps
    that users want; and
    * get to go home on time.

    This is a substantial overhaul to the first edition. In this book
    you'll find information on migrations, RJS templates, respond_to,
    integration tests, and all the new ActiveRecord features (including
    polymorphic associations, join models, and eager loading). And it
    incorporates another year's worth of Rails best practices.

    Available now from http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/

    --------------------
    Coming soon:

    * Everyday Scripting in Ruby: For Teams, Testers, and You
    * Release It! Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software

    Recently released:

    * Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great - #3 Editor's Pick on
    Amazon.com!
    * Google Web Toolkit: Taking the Pain out of Ajax
    * Textmate: Power Editing for the Mac (Beta)
    * Rails for Java Developers (Beta)

    --------------------

    Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support!

    Andy and Dave
    www.PragmaticProgrammer.com

    Andrew Hunt, Dec 18, 2006

  2. Andrew Hunt

    Pat Maddox Guest

    Cool. Congrats guys. And thanks.

    Pat Maddox, Dec 18, 2006

  3. Andrew Hunt

    vasudevram Guest

    Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support!
    Great! Looking forward to getting my copy. Is it being released in an
    Indian edition at the same time or later? I saw that some of your books
    are now being sold in Indian editions as well, via Shroff Publishers.

    Vasudev Ram
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dancing Bison Enterprises
    http://www.dancingbison.com
    http://dancingbison.blogspot.com
    http://jugad.livejournal.com
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf

    vasudevram, Dec 18, 2006
  4. Andrew Hunt

    Pat Maddox Guest

    Got mine in the mail today, looks good :)

    Pat Maddox, Dec 28, 2006