[ANN] Rainbows! 1.0.0 - a sleepy HTTP server

Eric Wong

Rainbows! is an HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
request/response times and/or slow clients.

* http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
* (e-mail address removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

Changes:

This release is merely a milestone in our evolving internal API.
Use of kgio may result in performance improvements under Ruby
1.9.2 with non-blocking I/O-intensive workloads.

The only bugfix is that SIGHUP reloads restores defaults on
unset settings. A similar fix is included in Unicorn 2.0.0
as well.

More sleepy things are on the way! Stay tuned on our mailing list!

Eric Wong

Zbatery is an HTTP server for Rack applications on systems that either
do not support fork(), or have no memory (nor need) to run the
master/worker model. It is based on Rainbows! (which is based on
Unicorn (which is based on Mongrel)) and inherits parts of each.
Zbatery supports your choice of all the thread/fiber/event/actor-based
concurrency models and Rack middleware that Rainbows! supports (or will
ever support) in a single process.

* http://zbatery.bogomip.org/
* (e-mail address removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/zbatery.git

Changes:

This release syncs up with the latest from Rainbows! 1.0.x
and Unicorn 2.0.x and includes minor bugfixes from both.