[ANN] Rant 0.5.0

Stefan Lang

Rant is a flexible build tool written entirely in Ruby,
similar to Rake.

=3D=3D What's new in this release?

* The --dry-run (-n) option for rant.
* Action takes a regular expression now. When rant looks for a
=C2=A0 task/file that matches the regular expression, the action block will
=C2=A0 get executed once.

=46or more details read http://make.rubyforge.org/files/NEWS.html

=3D=3D Installing Rant

You can install Rant as a RubyGem:

=C2=A0 =C2=A0 % gem install --remote rant

or download the package from=20
RubyForge(http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D615)
and install with install.rb:

=C2=A0 =C2=A0 % ruby install.rb

=3D=3D Dry-Run demonstration

Example Rantfile:

=C2=A0 import "command"

=C2=A0 task :install =3D> "foo" do
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 sys.install "foo", "/usr/local/bin", :mode =3D> 0755
=C2=A0 end

=C2=A0 gen Command, "foo", "foo.c", "cc -o $(>) $(<)"

Running Rant in dry-run mode:

=C2=A0 % rant -n
=C2=A0 Executing "foo"
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 - SHELL
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 cc -o foo foo.c
=C2=A0 Executing "install"
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 - Ruby Proc at Rantfile:3

=3D=3D Survey about "Rantfile.rb"

Since the previous release (0.4.8), Rant doesn't recognize
the filenames "Rantfile.rb" and "rantfile.rb" as default
Rantfiles anymore. If you want them back, tell me now! If a
reasonable number of users wants to use "Rantfile.rb"/"rantfile.rb",
I will reintroduce those filenames (or one of them).
Alternatives are "Rantfile", "rantfile" or "root.rant".

Please reply to my private address or join the Rant mailing list.

=3D=3D Resources

Homepage:: http://make.ruby-co.de
Rubyforge page:: http://rubyforge.org/projects/make/
Repository:: http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=3D5046