[ANN] rcairo 1.0.0

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

I released rcairo 1.0.0.

http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz

MD5: e6c6442b24155146ba986dc7774e45e3
SHA1: 7da5155f0f141dd8c0b8ec3010f0536bc10e6e6a

rcairo is a Ruby bindings for cairo(*).

Cairo is a 2D graphics library with support for multiple
output devices. Currently supported output targets include
the X Window System, win32, and image
buffers. Experimental backends include OpenGL (through
glitz), Quartz, XCB, PostScript and PDF file output.

--
(*) http://cairographics.org/

The following URIs are helpful to learn cairo:
http://cworth.org/~cworth/papers/cairo_ddc2005/
http://cworth.org/~cworth/papers/cairo_lca2005/

INSTALL:

% wget http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz

## if you want to checksum
% wget http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz.md5
% md5sum -c rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz.md5
##

% tar xvfz rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz
% cd rcairo-1.0.0

% ruby setup.rb config
% ruby setup.rb setup
% sudo ruby setup.rb install
## or
% sudo ruby setup.rb

SAMPLES:

% cd samples

% ruby png.rb # output test.png
% display test.png

% ruby ps.rb # output test.ps
% evince test.ps
% ruby ps2.rb # output test2.ps which is same as test.ps
% evince test2.ps

% ruby pdf.rb # output test.pdf
% evince test.pdf
% ruby pdf2.rb # output test2.pdf which is same as test.pdf
% evince test2.pdf

Other samples are included in Ruby/GTK samples:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/gtk/sample/gtk-demo/

cairo-*.rb are using rcairo.

DOCUMENTATION:

Not yet... Please see the above sample scripts.

I'm using cairo's API reference:
http://cairographics.org/manual/ix01.html

* Implementing ALL cairo API.
* Adjusting the style for language binding for cairo(*).
* Supporting PS/PDF surface

--
(*) http://cairographics.org/manual/language-bindings.html

THANKS:

* Masao Mutoh: Fixed installation on Win32 and reported
some bugs.

Regards,

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"[ANN] rcairo 1.0.0" on Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:23:23 +0900,
Kouhei Sutou said:
I released rcairo 1.0.0.

http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.0.0.tar.gz

MD5: e6c6442b24155146ba986dc7774e45e3
SHA1: 7da5155f0f141dd8c0b8ec3010f0536bc10e6e6a

INSTALL:

For Win32 users:

Masao Mutoh who is the maintainer of Ruby-GNOME2 project
makes a binary package for rcairo. This is included in the
following archive:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gtk2-0.14.0-1-i386-msvcrt-1.8.zip?download

The rcairo binary package applied bug fix patch.

Thanks,

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"Re: rcairo 1.0.0" on Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:26:57 +0900,
Tool69 said:
I've installed cairo and rcairo on Ubuntu

Thanks! :)
Launching ps.rb gives me an empty file test.ps with the following error
:

ruby: symbol lookup error: ../packages/cairo/ext/cairo.so: undefined
symbol: cairo_ps_surface_create_for_stream"

It seems that this is a cairo library search problem. It
seems that your rcairo was compiled with cairo which
supports PS/PDF but you use rcairo with cairo which does not
support PS/PDF.

Thanks,