[ANN] rcairo 1.6.1

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

I released rcairo 1.6.1.
rcairo is the Ruby bindings for cairo(*) that is used by
GTK+, Firefox, WebKit/GTK+ and so on.

(*) from cairo's README:
Cairo is a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output
devices. Currently supported output targets include the X Window
System, quartz, win32, and image buffers, as well as PDF, PostScript,
and SVG file output. Experimental backends include OpenGL (through
glitz), XCB, BeOS, OS/2, and DirectFB.

Cairo is designed to produce consistent output on all output media
while taking advantage of display hardware acceleration when available
(for example, through the X Render Extension).

The cairo API provides operations similar to the drawing operators of
PostScript and PDF. Operations in cairo include stroking and filling
cubic B=E9zier splines, transforming and compositing translucent images=
,
and antialiased text rendering. All drawing operations can be
transformed by any affine transformation (scale, rotation, shear,
etc.).

Cairo has been designed to let you draw anything you want in a modern
2D graphical user interface. At the same time, the cairo API has been
designed to be as fun and easy to learn as possible. If you're not
having fun while programming with cairo, then we have failed
somewhere---let us know and we'll try to fix it next time around.

rcairo 1.6.1 is a bug fix release of rcairo 1.6.0 and
support a gem for mswin32.

http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.6.1.tar.gz

http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.6.1.tar.gz.md5
bee39f5918095e6688c647bc3d95940b rcairo-1.6.1.tar.gz

http://cairographics.org/releases/rcairo-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1
f516e27d08719b6adda3d948623acaa4d11e4c05 rcairo-1.6.1.tar.gz

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/35993/cairo-1.6.1-x86-mswin32.g=
em

The gem includes cairo, libpng and zlib binaries that
are distributed in
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/

CHANGES:
* Fix Quartz related bugs. (thanks to kimura wataru)
* Support PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR. (thanks to OBATA Akio)
* Support RubyGems for mswin32.

Thanks,