    an RPN calculator. You can easily switch between the RPN interpreter
    and the standard Python interpreter.

    Home page: http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/

    Ray Buvel, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Ray Buvel

    Kent Johnson Guest

    The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
    uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
    entries."

    Kent

    Kent Johnson, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Bug in winzip? tar xfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz works just fine. However, there's
    an invalid symlink inside the package:

    $ tar tvfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
    lrwxrwxrwx rlb/rlb 0 2004-11-22 00:11:06 rpncalc-1.0/examples/poly.py -> /data/projects/poly/poly.py

    $ md5sum rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
    0b8eb872fb0937eca079489e184ddf9f rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz

    Is your packet valid? Check the md5sum.

    Heikki Orsila, Nov 28, 2004
  4. This is a problem I have encountered with WinZip before. The compressed
    tar file was created with Python's tarfile module with the 'w:gz' mode.
    The resulting file works fine with a number of archive packages under
    Linux and with the tar command in the MKS toolkit under Windows.

    If I get around to it, I may make a .zip file available for Windows.
    Until then, I suggest you use Python's tarfile module or something other
    than WinZip to read it on a Windows platform.

    Sorry for the inconvenience but I develop on Linux :)

    Raymond L. Buvel, Nov 28, 2004
  5. The problem with trying to be too clever is that you eventually get bit.
    I tested this on my system which obviously has the target of the
    symlink. I will correct this problem and upload a new version. This
    flaw does not affect the basic operation of the interpreter, you just
    can't use the polynomial example.

    Raymond L. Buvel, Nov 28, 2004
  6. Ray Buvel

    Kent Johnson Guest

    Thanks for the tip. I was able to uncompress it using tarfile.

    Kent

    Kent Johnson, Nov 28, 2004
  7. The symlink problem is fixed and I added a .zip version. Hopefully, the
    .zip version will work with WinZip but since I don't have a Windows
    box available to test it on, there are no guarantees.

    Raymond L. Buvel, Nov 28, 2004