[ANN] RWEB 0.2.0

Michael T. Richter

--=-pmjPr/gBmuXTYcxCm8Pf

--=-ev+1yu590Of+p+fdRnfM

The RWEB literate programming tool for Ruby has been updated to version
0.2.0. Support for XHTML-based literate documents intead of plaintext
alone has been added, as has transparent syntax highlighting if the
required library (syntax) is available. (If not, it just formats code
nicely without syntax highlighting.)

Version 0.2.0 is still very much beta quality, but fully usable
including the (to my knowledge) unique ability to directly execute
literate code without manually tangling. Future releases will include
external plug-in capabilities (for inserting your favourite document
processing system), selectable syntax highlighting, selectable XHTML
modes (standalone vs. blog, for example) and a few other minor
enhancements (including an external plug-in for Markdown/BlueCloth
formatting).

Project page is http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubylit with
http://rubylit.rubyforg.org being the home page (currently just the RDOC
documentation).

--=20
Michael T. Richter <[email protected]> (GoogleTalk:
(e-mail address removed))
A well-designed and humane interface does not need to be split into
beginner and expert subsystems. (Jef Raskin)

--=-ev+1yu590Of+p+fdRnfM

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; CHARSET=3DUTF-8">
<META NAME=3D"GENERATOR" CONTENT=3D"GtkHTML/3.12.1">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
The RWEB literate programming tool for Ruby has been updated to version 0.2=
0.&nbsp; Support for XHTML-based literate documents intead of plaintext al=
one has been added, as has transparent syntax highlighting if the required =
library (syntax) is available.&nbsp; (If not, it just formats code nicely w=
ithout syntax highlighting.)<BR>
<BR>
Version 0.2.0 is still very much beta quality, but fully usable including t=
he (to my knowledge) unique ability to directly execute literate code witho=
ut manually tangling.&nbsp; Future releases will include external plug-in c=
apabilities (for inserting your favourite document processing system), sele=
ctable syntax highlighting, selectable XHTML modes (standalone vs. blog, fo=
r example) and a few other minor enhancements (including an external plug-i=
n for Markdown/BlueCloth formatting).<BR>
<BR>
Project page is <A HREF=3D"http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubylit">http://ru=
byforge.org/projects/rubylit</A> with <A HREF=3D"http://rubylit.rubyforg.or=
g">http://rubylit.rubyforg.org</A> being the home page (currently just the =
RDOC documentation).<BR>
<BR>
<TABLE CELLSPACING=3D"0" CELLPADDING=3D"0" WIDTH=3D"100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
<B>Michael T. Richter</B> &lt;<A HREF=3D"mailto:[email protected]">ttmri=
(e-mail address removed)</A>&gt; (<B>GoogleTalk:</B> (e-mail address removed))<BR>
<I>A well-designed and humane interface does not need to be split into begi=
nner and expert subsystems. (Jef Raskin)</I>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY>