[ANN] TextualRegexp 1.0.0 Released

Ari Brown

TextualRegexp version 1.0.0 has been released!

* <by Ari Brown and Robert Kremme>
* <http://texrex.rubyforge.com>

## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

Incompatible with 1.9, as far as we know. Technically, it supports
everything current RegExp does.

## SYNOPSIS:

Password = TextualRegexp.new do
anchor :beginning

group :capture do
any :letter
repeat(4..13) do
any :char
end
any :digit
end
end

Or the ever-loved email address....

Email = TextualRegexp.new do
anchor :beginning

group :capture do
at_least_once { any "a-z" + "0-9" + "_" + "." }
end

literal "@"

group :capture do
repeat(1..4) do
at_least_once { any "a-z" + "0-9" + "_" }
literal "."
end
any %w{com edu org co.uk com.au}
end
end

Changes:

## 1.0.0 / 2007-09-06

* 1 major enhancement
* Birthday!

* <by Ari Brown and Robert Kremme>
* <http://texrex.rubyforge.com>

-------------------------------------------------------|
~ Ari
crap my sig won't fit

botp

TextualRegexp version 1.0.0 has been released!
* <by Ari Brown and Robert Kremme>

heheh. cool. I could have named it TRex though :)
downloading now...
thanks for textualregexp -botp

Ari Brown

Oh, and don't forget -

require "rubygems"
require "textual_regexp"

Have fun!
-------------------------------------------------------|
~ Ari
crap my sig won't fit

John Joyce

Interesting.
I'll try it later today!
Maybe this will cut down on always looking up RegEx rules and
avoiding RegExes as much as possible!!
On first glance, it seems a bit verbose, but I'll give it a try in
TextMate. (you might consider creating a TM Bundle for it, pretty
easy to do. And since E-Text Editor for windows uses TM Bundles as
well, it could be useful! Concise typing with Human Readable Content!!)

Glad you guys took the initiative from that thread a few weeks ago!