Another way to access this forum

DavidC

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
another way? Thanks.

David

Guest

It does, but it's horrible...

ok good to know

I personally prefer to use google groups. It's not 100% perfect, but
has some nice features that might make it more likable than Outlook
Express

someone

DavidC escribió:
I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
another way? Thanks.

David

Well, I installed Thunderbird, then you have to add a new account,
select "news server" type, and the news server name is news.microsoft.com

Regards,

Gregory A. Beamer

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
another way? Thanks.

Others have covered the forum connection bits, so I am just adding to this
thread.

If you like the Outlook Express method, go to download.live.com and
download Windows Live Mail. It will look very familiar to you.

There are other clients out there. I use XNews myself.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

someone

XNews! I used to use XNews to access to a blues newsgroup, where anybody
was able to download a lot of blues CDs per day =)...
Unfortunately that newsgroup became "pay per use", that was long time ago...

Regards,
Marcelo.
Gregory A. Beamer escribió:

Tony Johansson

You can also access the newgroup from internet explorer. You don't have to
use a e-mail client to access the new groups.

//Tony

Gregory A. Beamer

XNews! I used to use XNews to access to a blues newsgroup, where
anybody was able to download a lot of blues CDs per day =)...
Unfortunately that newsgroup became "pay per use", that was long time
ago...

I use it because it is free and threads the conversation. I have found that
Windows Live Mail can be problematic in certain situations and posts just
don't show up. Not to discourage anyone who is successfully using Windows
Live Mail, of course, as it works well for many. It just does not here.
BTW, I still use Windows Mail for some NNTP points.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Gregory A. Beamer

You can also access the newgroup from internet explorer. You don't
have to use a e-mail client to access the new groups.

That one does not work for me very well, as I have to pay attention to
follow up, but it is great for people asking questions, if they like the
Interface. I find Thunderbird a bit easier to use than IE, however.

I used to love Free Agent, but it is not easy to find any more, as it is
not a supported product, at least AFAIK.

XNews is fairly easy to use, although there is a learning curve for IE
users. There is also binary support, which helps with a few forums I
participate in, as people sometimes post binaries to show their problems.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld