any better suggestions?

Jeff

hi

asp.net 2.0

I'm working on a webproject and been asked to implement a funcationality
which allows moderator to send messages to registered users of the website.
Okay, the manageusers webpage contain a gridview and moderator can
filter/seach for users. In this webpage I have put some code which loops
through the gridview and writes the username of the users to the output
window.

I send it to the output window. This is just a test to see if I can iterate
through the gridview.. Later I will implement to funcationality which loops
through the entire gridview and send messages to the users found in the
gridview...

This is not an ideal solution. There can be many users on this website and
then I should implement a paging the gridview.... then the solution I
described above will fail, as it only iterate the rows in the gridview, not
every row in the result..

any suggestions?

Guest

My personal preference would be liekly to iterate over the datasource itself
rather than on the gridview...

--
Patrice

"Jeff" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de groupe
de discussion : #[email protected]...

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

I agree with Patrice. You don't need to loop through the entire
gridview, use the datasource instead.