    johnny Guest

    Is there any open source "live web chat support" program or script out
    there? Any you can recommend?

    johnny, Jan 12, 2007

  2. johnny

    Kartic Guest

    johnny sayeth, on 01/12/2007 11:11 AM:
    Why don't you install ejabberd (a Jabber server implemented in erlang)
    and install Muckl (http://zeank.in-berlin.de/muckl/), an AJAX client for
    multi-user chat (or Jwchat for one on one chat). Both Muckl and JWChat
    are embeddable in a web page, as they use just HTML/Javascript, with
    some work.

    Other than that, if you want to stick to a Python solution, I do believe
    Nevow project comes with a live chat demo, which you can customize.

    --Kartic

    Kartic, Jan 12, 2007