Anybody knows how to implement Comet with JavaServlet?

Roedy Green

I want to implement Comet
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming)) using java servlet.
Anybody familiar with this? Thank you!

You mean predicting the orbits of comets? I worked on this back in
the early 60s using punch cards and Fortran II. I later did it with
planets and the moon, for the Univac 90/30.

see http://mindprod.com/projects/celestial.html
which is a project outline for how you might proceed.

I would ignore the servlet part until you get your calculations down
pat, then package that up in a Servlet.

Gordon Beaton

You mean predicting the orbits of comets?

If you looked at the link he posted (and you quoted) you'd know that
he means:

"... a programming technique that enables web servers to send data
to the client without having any need for the client to request it".

/gordon

Roedy Green

If you looked at the link he posted (and you quoted) you'd know that
he means:

"... a programming technique that enables web servers to send data
to the client without having any need for the client to request it".

I clicked his link and it took me to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet which is all about celestial
comets.

I gather the problem is Agent (my newsreader) did not believe the
_(programming) was part of the URL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming)

I should have sent him to http://mindprod.com/jgloss/comet.html