anyone can help me on javascript?

cyx.thunderfoot

I got a difficult problem about javascript. Can someone please help me?
If I use the <form> tag, and I use the <input type ="text"
name="input"> tag, I can get the value by using
document.formname.input.value , but if I am using <input
type="file" name="file"> to browse for files, how can I get its
value? Anyone who are interested to answer my question please email to
me at (e-mail address removed) , thanks a lot.

mscir

I got a difficult problem about javascript. Can someone please help me?
If I use the <form> tag, and I use the <input type ="text"
name="input"> tag, I can get the value by using
document.formname.input.value , but if I am using <input
type="file" name="file"> to browse for files, how can I get its
value? Anyone who are interested to answer my question please email to
me at (e-mail address removed) , thanks a lot.

alert(document.form1.file1.value);

<form name='form1'>
<input type="file" name="file1">

Mike