Anyone else getting posts back as email undeliverable bounces?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bengt Richter, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. It seems lately all my posts have been coming back to me as bounced emails,
    and I haven't emailed them ;-(

    I've been getting bounce messages like (excerpt):

    This is the Postfix program at host deimos.liage.net.

    I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

    The Postfix program

    <>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
    name=lindensys.net type=A: Host not found
    Reporting-MTA: dns; deimos.liage.net
    Arrival-Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

    Final-Recipient: rfc822;
    Action: failed

    Regards,
    Bengt Richter

    Bengt Richter, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Bengt Richter

    Ron Adam Guest

    Yes, I get them too. Plugging http://deimos.liage.net/ into a browser get:

    This domain is parked, underconstruction.

    Not sure if it means anything?

    Doing a whois on liage.net points to:

    Registrant:
    Ticluse Teknologi

    Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: LIAGE.NET

    Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.GOVDEV.COM
    NS2.GOVDEV.COM

    For complete domain details go to:
    http://whois.godaddy.com

    You can find out more by following the godaddy link or just go here and
    enter the numbers displayed to access it.

    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/whois.asp?se=+&domain=LIAGE.net&ci=1718

    Maybe an email to them would clear it up?

    Cheers,
    Ron

    Ron Adam, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Bengt Richter

    James Stroud Guest

    This is an autoreply to your message.

    Oh wait, no its not, its really me.

    Yes, I am getting the same trash. I hope whoever it is at liage.net, gets
    tired of mail related threads like this and disables their damn autobounce.
    Perhaps they will check to see if they are responsible before the chime in
    with some righteous admonishment about off-topic threads.

    --
    James Stroud
    Box 951570

    http://www.jamesstroud.com/

    James Stroud, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Bengt Richter

    Terry Reedy Guest

    They are gatewayed to the general python email list. But bouncing list
    emails back to authors instead of the listserve is truly awful.
    LOL. since I never sent email to that address (or similar, not sure), I
    assumed that these were viral messages disguised as fake bounces (which I
    once got daily) or at best spam and deleted without reading further.

    If they are list-bounces, the list moderators should also get a bounce and
    unsubscribe whoever. I'll see what happens to this.

    Terry J. Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Bengt Richter

    Ron Adam Guest

    It looks to me like a server was forwarding them to another network,
    possibly an internal one, and that address was disconected or expired,
    but the forwarding address wasn't removed.

    ---
    <>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
    name=lindensys.net type=A: Host not found
    ---

    The admin on LIAGE.NET is/was probably the owner of both given the name
    of the not found host and the LIAGE.NET adminstrator.

    ---
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: LIAGE.NET
    Created on: 18-Mar-05
    Expires on: 18-Mar-06
    Last Updated on: 20-Jun-05

    Administrative Contact:
    Linden, James <------- lindensys.net not found
    ---

    The web site at tictek give the same exact under construction notice as
    LIAGE.NET.

    Cheers,
    Ron

    Ron Adam, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Bengt Richter

    Steve Holden Guest

    I've even tried communicating with postmaster at all relevant domains,
    but such messages are either bounced or ignored, so I've just filtered
    that domain out.

    regards
    Steve

    Steve Holden, Sep 23, 2005
  7. Yeah, but I thought maybe there could be a way to detect this kind of
    situation from the python.org or xs4all.nl side and not feed a thing
    that vomits indiscriminately, so to speak. Sorry about the metaphor ;-)

    Regards,
    Bengt Richter

    Bengt Richter, Sep 23, 2005