apache tomcat

focode

i am working on apache tomcat and i usually deploy my application in
webapps folder , is it possible to make any other working directory
in any other directory , presently my working directory is d:/apache/
webapps/myproject_name... can it be d:/myproject_name , i think
modifing some attribute of server.xml will do

Mark Space

focode said:
i am working on apache tomcat and i usually deploy my application in
webapps folder , is it possible to make any other working directory
in any other directory , presently my working directory is d:/apache/
webapps/myproject_name... can it be d:/myproject_name , i think

I'm not sure, but if you are developing and deploying a lot to the web
server, consider picking up NetBeans. It will deploy web apps to a
local server automatically. This really help speed up your development
cycles.

<http://www.netbeans.org/downloads/index.html>

Lew

focode said:
i [sic] am working on apache tomcat and i [sic] usually deploy my application in
webapps folder , is it possible   to make any other working directory
in any other directory  , presently my working directory is d:/apache/
webapps/myproject_name...   can it be d:/myproject_name ,

What advantage will that provide you?

It is best to keep everything deployed to a given Tomcat container in
a subdirectory of either $CATALINA_HOME or $CATALINA_BASE (where those
are environment variables representing the Tomcat deployment
directories).
i [sic] think modifing some attribute of server.xml will do

You can configure Tomcat to have multiple instances, where each
instance is rooted in $CATALINA_BASE while the Tomcat installation
itself (executables, etc.) reside in $CATALINA_HOME. It is best to
deploy web apps to the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/ directory.
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/deployment.html>

In any event, the application base directory (which should *not* be
the root directory of a partition, i.e., do not use 'd:/') is set by
the 'appBase' attribute of the 'Host' element of server.xml, as the
documentation clearly states:
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html>

You should read the documentation.