Not able to pass GET parameters from apache to tomcat

vinay.rajeev

Hi,

I have successfully connected apache 1.3 with tomcat 4. My
application
is also running fine with it. But there is this problem

http://<server ip>/<my-app>/Welcome.jsp works fine but
http://<server ip>/<my-app>/Welcome.jsp?textlength=77 does not work.
Apache is not able not locate this file and gives a page not found
error.
Apache is not able to pass GET parameters. With POST it's working
fine. My requirement here is to use GET.

Help would be appreciated as I am running out of time :)

Below is the configuration contents

#
# workers.properties
#

# Not sure if this is needed (windows users use \)
ps=/

# Define workers list (not sure if only need loadbalancer but this
way
# works for me).
worker.list=worker2
worker.maintain=60

# Set properties for worker2 (e.g. tomcat 4.0.x)
worker.worker2.type=ajp13
worker.worker2.host=172.16.2.212
# Ensure that your servlet engine will use a matching port
worker.worker2.port=8009
worker.worker2.socket_timeout=300
worker.worker2.local_worker=1

-----------------------------------

#
# mod-jk.conf (to be included in httpd.conf)
#

JkWorkersFile /etc/apache/workers.properties

JkLogFile /var/apache/logs/jk.log

JkLogLevel debug

JkShmFile /var/apache/logs/jk.shm

# Select the log format

# JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

# JkRequestLogFormat set the request format
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T %p %q %r %s"

#Alias /<my-app>/var/apache/tomcat/webapps/<my-app>

JkMount /<my-app>/* worker2
-----------------------------------

I have added the following lines at appropriate places in httpd.conf
file

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so

AddModule mod_jk.c

include /etc/apache/mod-jk.conf

Thanks in advance

Vinay

Juha Laiho

(e-mail address removed) said:
I have successfully connected apache 1.3 with tomcat 4. My
application
is also running fine with it. But there is this problem

http://<server ip>/<my-app>/Welcome.jsp works fine but
http://<server ip>/<my-app>/Welcome.jsp?textlength=77 does not work.
Apache is not able not locate this file and gives a page not found
error.

What do I say... "worksforme". Is it exactly Apache that is giving
the page not found errors, or is it Tomcat? What do you get in the
Apache access_log and error_log for the failed (and succesful)
attempt?
JkLogFile /var/apache/logs/jk.log

JkLogLevel debug

You're also running mod_jk at a high log level; what do see there?