jk apache tomcat connector

grasp06110

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to get Apache to talk to Tomcat using jk on nt. I can get
Apache to access the static content Tomcat is hosting but I get a
"service temporarily unavailable" error after about a minute when I try
to access jsp/servlet content and nothing is writen to the error.log
file.

I'm using Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 5.5.9.

I've tried following the Apache how to and the Apache quick how to
(they reference a dll, mod_jk.dll that does not seem to be available).
I am currently following the process defined at the url below (using
the .so file).

http://www.devside.net/guides/windows/tomcat

Any Sugestions?

This is what I've added to my httpd.config file:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk-apache-2.2.3.so

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /jsp-examples/*.jsp worker1
</IfModule>

This is what the conf/workers.properties file looks like:

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1
# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8080
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.recycle_timeout=300

If this is not the appropriate place to post this question I apologize.
Does anyone know where else I might try?

Thanks in advance,
John