Apache with Python 2.4 Need Help !!!

pycraze

Hi,

I am currently using Fedora Core - 3 with apache 2.0 Web Server and
Python 2.4 .

I have numerous dependencies when i want to use Python 2.4 version
with Apache 2.0 Web Server . I have installed the mod-python module ,
for apache , which is one of the package i got while installing Fedora
Core - 3 . I want to host some information onto another machine , which
have a running Apache 2.0 and mod-python installed too , so i would
like to know have apache released any version that can be successfully
use Python 2.4 ( with mod-python module ) using Fedora Core -3 .

I would prefer a stable and successful version , if any , that goes
well with Python 2.4 .

Sybren Stuvel

pycraze enlightened us with:
I am currently using Fedora Core - 3 with apache 2.0 Web Server and
Python 2.4 .

[...] i would like to know have apache released any version that can
be successfully use Python 2.4 ( with mod-python module ) using
Fedora Core -3 .

I don't know about Fedora (crap distro IMO), but Apache
2.0.54-5ubuntu4, mod_python 3.1.3-3ubuntu1 and Python 2.4.2-0ubuntu2
work fine on Ubuntu Breezy.

Sybren

rbt

Sybren said:
pycraze enlightened us with:
I am currently using Fedora Core - 3 with apache 2.0 Web Server and
Python 2.4 .

[...] i would like to know have apache released any version that can
be successfully use Python 2.4 ( with mod-python module ) using
Fedora Core -3 .

I don't know about Fedora (crap distro IMO), but Apache
2.0.54-5ubuntu4, mod_python 3.1.3-3ubuntu1 and Python 2.4.2-0ubuntu2
work fine on Ubuntu Breezy.

Sybren

I second that...

Apache/2.0.54 (Ubuntu) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.4.2 PHP/4.4.0-3ubuntu1
Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80

This was my first real go at using mod_python. It was a bit different,
but once I got the hang of it, I like it very much. Existing py scripts
need little modification to work, and if you've done any PHP or Perl web
projects in the past, you'll understand 50% of it right away.

Best of luck!

Sybren Stuvel

rbt enlightened us with:
This was my first real go at using mod_python. It was a bit
different, but once I got the hang of it, I like it very much.
Existing py scripts need little modification to work, and if you've
done any PHP or Perl web projects in the past, you'll understand 50%
of it right away.

If you want to make things even easier, check out my web engine at
http://www.unrealtower.org/. It's based on the Cheetah template engine
combined with mod_python and mod_rewrite.

Sybren