API

King Kong

Hi!

We have developed an application in Dot Net Framework 1.1 that uses SSL port
for secured communication.

The application works fine for some time but then suddenly stops
communicating through the SSL port. When the IIS server or the Operating
System is restarted, the application again starts working but then the
problem reproduces after some time.

When it was debugged, the following error message appeared:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.EntryPointNotFoundException'
occurred in system.dll

Additional information: Unable to find an entry point named
EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll."

The application server configuration is:
1. Microsoft Windows 2003/2000 Server
2. IIS 5.0
3. Dot Net Framework 1.1 with SP-1
4. Internet Explorer 6.0 SP-1

Please suggest something for this.

Guest

I have found the same problem in an application which uses a custom
HTTPModule.

The problem seems to be caused by the name that was given to the assembly,
Security.dll. The problem apparently can be fixed by using a different name
for the assembly.

I was wondering if there is a better fix to the problem because having to
re-deploy the DLL and modify the client applications that use it is very
cumbersome and prone to cause errors.