appending date to filename in java

Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am trying to figure out a way to append the file creation date to jpg files I have. Basically, if the file name is 1.jpg and was taken on 11/16/2013, I would want to have it renamed 2013-11-16-1.jpg. How would I go about doing that? I have found code that gives me the creation date:
How do I go about getting it to change the filename as appropriate?

stackoverflow dot com /questions/83787/how-to-get-date-picture-created-in-java

If possible, is it easy to then copy the files to a directory based
upon the date of creation? pictures taken on 11/16/2013 would copy
to 2013-11-16 and ones taken on 11/15/2013 would be copied to 2013-11-15.

Last edited: