Application pool

Guest

Hi,

I am having trouble with an asp.net application on an ISP's web server.

For some reason the permissions on my files and directories change for no
reason that I can determine.

I have copied files over using ftp and also use Frontpage to update files
and therefore have frontpage server extensions installed. I know there is a
conflict between ftp and FP server extensions and have therefore stopped
copying files via ftp.

But would this effect file permissions, if I didn't make any further use of
ftp?

One of the files that has it's permission changed is in a separate directory
and is nothing to do with Frontpage, is it possible that it's permission
would change due to this conflict?

The ISP suggests that I rebuild the application only using frontpage and
visual studio and avoid ftp altogether. Before I embark on a lot of work,
could anyone tell me if it is likely to resolve a permissioning problem?

The ISP also tells me that the Application pool is breaking, the pool only
uses my application. Is there something in my code that could cause the
application to break?

It is of course very difficult for me to determine exactly what's going on
as I don't have access to the machine and have to rely on what the ISP tells
me.

Regards,

Steve Bugden.