Struggling With Learning to Application

Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,
My name is Tristan and I have been learning coding for several years now off and on, more off it seems. My biggest struggle with coding is seeing how to take what I am learning and bring it into real world applications. I have always been good at solving problems but never that good at finding the problems especially when starting out on something. It comes down to the adage, you don't know what you don't know.

Looking to connect with people of all levels and learn from their experiences to help me build upon my own. I look forward to meeting some of you and learning more about the ways you have come into coding.

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
Hi tkraft85,
I think studying small bits is better than large chunks. Responsive images should be looked at after spending time on images. work with a site with columns and then place columns inside of the columns, then look at grid css.

What are you doing now? What are you trying to learn?

Joined
Sep 10, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I certainly have the tendency to want to bite off as much as I can and chew on it til my jaw is sore. I am currently working on a budgeting calendar that allows for entering income and monthly bills and have them displayed on the calendar. Long term I would like it to calculate paydays and break down bills due per paycheck. Right now, I am working on the front end making the interface and once I have the interface laid out properly, I will use JavaScript to perform the functions. I am more interested in backend programing but realize that without a website or app there is only so much that can be done in a command prompt. I know that it is a big project but one that allows me to tackle little bits working toward the larger project.