Application stopped working for no reason.

Rico

Hello,

I have an ASP.net application, it's a third party forum software running on
an SQL Server back end. This application was working fine with no issues.
Then yesterday, without being touched, it just stopped working. I have the
same application running on other sites on the same server and they are
working fine, the only difference is they are running on different databases
within the same SQL Server instance.

I'm new at troubleshooting ASP.net applications and would like to know what
I should check that may have impacted this application?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Darrel

I'm new at troubleshooting ASP.net applications and would like to know
what
I should check that may have impacted this application?

Not working 'how'? Any error messages? What do you see? Can you access the
database?

-Darrel

Ray Booysen

Rico said:
Hello,

I have an ASP.net application, it's a third party forum software running on
an SQL Server back end. This application was working fine with no issues.
Then yesterday, without being touched, it just stopped working. I have the
same application running on other sites on the same server and they are
working fine, the only difference is they are running on different databases
within the same SQL Server instance.

I'm new at troubleshooting ASP.net applications and would like to know what
I should check that may have impacted this application?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Nothing stops working without a reason. Have you upgraded any software?
Changed any hardware without your knowledge?

But you'd need to give some error messages or describe what you mean by
"not working"