Are there ANY good forums out there anymore???

Eric Danstron

Can anyone recommend a good ASP Forum that's efficient?

Read this about an Invision Powerboard experience:
"...when we recently wanted to buy an [Invision] license, we found out that
the links to their privacy policy and contact page were broken. We tried to
contact them about this, requesting information about their privacy policy,
but instead of receiving this information, our license was suddenly
terminated. And after a more formal way of inquiring about their privacy
policy, our account into their Client Area was cancelled as well - again
without any explanation by email."
http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

This is important to me because I started getting spam on an email address I
used to register on an Invision Powerboard system. So much for 3rd party
solutions.

I'm not just picking on Invasion - Snitz 2000 is horribly inefficient (and I
got hacked), and WebWiz Forum is not only woefully inefficient in ASP &
HTML, it's over a year late for it's next update. I lost track of the others
that suck, including forums with long, long, long URL query strings.

I'm tired of buying what looks to be a professional application with such
bloated code it looks like it was written by a beginner. There are still
people out there forced to use 56K modems (no DSL or cable available), and
customer loyalty is easily gained with an efficient website.

Look, I'm willing to purchase a license, even a few hundred dollars, but is
everybody writing sloppy code now?