asp c# tutorial

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Arne Vajhøj, Apr 27, 2012.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 27, 2012

  2. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    Could someone please refer me to a starters tutorial for asp / c#
    I am looking for the basics.

    Zach.

    Zach, Apr 27, 2012

  3. Arne Vajhøj

    redwolfgang20

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    leyte
    Try to research it in google theres a lot of free ebook for ASP and C# starters tutorials DUDE..!!!! :bird:
    [redwolfgang]

    redwolfgang20, Apr 27, 2012
  4. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    --
    Pearltree Support

    0031 85 7730573
    www.pearltree.org
    Saw the onlines before. Didn't like them. Bad didactics:
    Like much of the programming literature, doesnt work
    excentrical from basics to more adanced applications.
    Am now using an application I made some years ago
    to find out again how it works. Dont usually do web stuff.
    Thanks anyway.

    Zach.

    Zach, Apr 27, 2012
  5. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    People have different taste. It is two widely used
    tutorials (actually I do not know how widely used the W3S
    ASP.NET tutorial is, but the other W3S tutorials are
    widely used).

    If you don't like them then you need something else.

    Typical a book has much more content than a web tutorial,
    so you could consider that.

    You will probably need something. I doubt that your
    old application uses all of ASP.NET.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 27, 2012
  6. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    ????

    "Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix" does.

    But:
    * Beginning ASP.NET 4: in C# and VB
    * Professional ASP.NET 4 in C# and VB
    * Professional ASP.NET MVC 3
    are using VS.

    Note: with a programming background you should go for
    "professional" not "beginning".

    Let me quote from the description of the twp
    ASP.NET 4 books:

    <quote>
    Anyone new to web programming should be able to follow along because no
    prior background in web development is assumed although it helps if you
    do have a basic understanding of HTML and the web in general. The book
    starts at the very beginning of web development by showing you how to
    obtain and install Visual Web Developer. The chapters that follow
    gradually introduce you to new technologies, building on top of the
    knowledge gained in the previous chapters.
    </quote>

    <quote>
    We assume you have a general understanding of Web technologies, such as
    previous versions of ASP.NET, Active Server Pages 2.0/3.0, or JavaServer
    Pages. If you understand the basics of Web programming, you should not
    have much trouble following along with this book's content.
    In addition to working with Web technologies, we also assume that you
    understand basic programming constructs, such as variables, For Each
    loops, and object-oriented programming.
    </quote>

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 28, 2012
  7. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    -
    Pearltree Support

    0031 85 7730573
    www.pearltree.org
    Yes, I should buy a book.
    The Wrox books seem to deal with WebMatrix.

    Zach.

    Zach, Apr 28, 2012
  8. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    Re literature etc on ASP / C#

    Our paths have crossed on the C# site and I value your judgement.
    I have ordered the book. Thank you for your pleasant response to
    my query.

    Regards,
    Zach.

    Zach, Apr 30, 2012