ASP Classic - A way to open Win Explorer, or similar alternative

Devin

Hi,

I'll explain what I am trying to do and hopefully you can suggest how
I can do it, or another way I could create a similar effect.

My company uses vCalendar which I know my way around in pretty well.
When the administrator of the calendar makes a new event (this person
isn't computer savvy) they need to enter in the field for "relevant
docs" the folder where the files of interest for the event are located
(brochures, fyi, agendas, etc). When a user click the event they
should be able to click the link in the "relevant docs" field and it
should open the network folder in windows explorer so they can save
the necessary documents for the event they are attending.

I realize windows explorer might not be an option. So I'll take
whatever suggestions you can throw at me.

Bob Milutinovic

Devin said:
Hi,

I'll explain what I am trying to do and hopefully you can suggest how
I can do it, or another way I could create a similar effect.

My company uses vCalendar which I know my way around in pretty well.
When the administrator of the calendar makes a new event (this person
isn't computer savvy) they need to enter in the field for "relevant
docs" the folder where the files of interest for the event are located
(brochures, fyi, agendas, etc). When a user click the event they
should be able to click the link in the "relevant docs" field and it
should open the network folder in windows explorer so they can save
the necessary documents for the event they are attending.

I realize windows explorer might not be an option. So I'll take
whatever suggestions you can throw at me.

Use a file:// link in the page, and preferably replace any backslashes with
slashes;

<a target="_blank" href="file://<%=Replace(sFilePath,"\","/")%>/">Open
Folder</a>

- Bob.