ASP Classic - A way to open Win Explorer, or similar alternative

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Devin, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Devin

    Devin Guest

    Hi,

    I'll explain what I am trying to do and hopefully you can suggest how
    I can do it, or another way I could create a similar effect.

    My company uses vCalendar which I know my way around in pretty well.
    When the administrator of the calendar makes a new event (this person
    isn't computer savvy) they need to enter in the field for "relevant
    docs" the folder where the files of interest for the event are located
    (brochures, fyi, agendas, etc). When a user click the event they
    should be able to click the link in the "relevant docs" field and it
    should open the network folder in windows explorer so they can save
    the necessary documents for the event they are attending.

    I realize windows explorer might not be an option. So I'll take
    whatever suggestions you can throw at me.

    Devin, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Use a file:// link in the page, and preferably replace any backslashes with
    slashes;

    <a target="_blank" href="file://<%=Replace(sFilePath,"\","/")%>/">Open
    Folder</a>

    - Bob.

    Bob Milutinovic, Oct 10, 2008