ASP.NET 1.1 & 2.0 On IIS

Guest

Hi,

I have some IIS applications installed on my Win 2003 Server that works with
ASP.NET 1.1 including SQL Server Reporting 2000.
I have uploaded an ASP.NET 2.0 to my IIS server and when I try to run it I
am getting the error "Server Application Unavailable".
The version 2.0… is selected at the ASP.NET property page for the Virtual
Directory of the IIS application.

Thanks for any help,
Asaf

Brock Allen

You also need to configure the 2.0 application in a different Application
Pool than your 1.1 apps. The reason is that only one version of the CLR can
be loaded per win32 process.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Asaf,

I think Brock's suggestion is reasonable. As for windows 2003 server/IIS6,
it use Application Pool process Isolation model by default. You can think
an application pool as an IIS worker process, so we should separate ASP.NET
1.X application from ASP.NET 2.0 application by putting them into different
application pools.

BTW, I suggest you separate ASP.NET 1.x application from 2.0 applications
into different IIS sites if possible. This is because ASP.NET application's
configuration is hierarchically inherited, and ASP.NET 2.0 configuration
has involved many new configuration elements which are not supported by
ASP.NET 1.x applications. If you put them together ,there will cause some
unexpected configuration parsing error.

Hope this also helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome Asaf,

Good luck!

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Jose Fernandez

Ok.
Can you help me about this?
My case is that i have my application (built with asp.net 1.x) and i have to
install them in a server with asp.net 2.0. Am i going to have problems.
I might test, but i think i'm not going to have the chance.
Greetings

MSDN

If you don't test don't deploy.
That has been my experience.
Convince your Boss to give you time to test.
If not get it in writing from him/her that they are responsible for their
actions of being not-responsible.

Sorry for being straight.

Sa