IIS 6.0 ASP.NET 2.0 apps migrated to IIS 7 == "This web site is using .NET 1.1"

Jon Davis

I've migrated my development workstation from 32-bit Windows Server 2003 to
Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I added my .NET web applications under
development to IIS. I configured the apps to use a custom App Pool based on
the Classic AppPool which is based on .NET 2.0.

Now every time I open them in Visual Studio 2005, I get this message:

-------------------------------------
The site 'http://localhost/[MyWeb]' is currently configured for use with
ASP.NET 1.1.4322.2032. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed for use
with ASP.NET 2.0; if not configured some features may make incorrect
assumptions, and pages designed with the tool may not render correctly.

Would you like the site to be configured for use with ASP.NET 2.0?
-------------------------------------

I don't know why it says this since the web site is not an ASP.NET 1.1 app.
Regardless, if if I choose 'Yes', the messages come back again whenever I
start up Visual Studio.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Jon

lee whitbeck

[...]

Did you check that the asp.net versioin is set to 2.0?

Open IIS.
Open the default web sites section
Click on your website
Click Properties:
Go to ASP.NET
Make sure it is set to asp.net 2.0 vs 1.1

Jon Davis

lee whitbeck said:
[...]

This is IIS 7 so it doesn't configure that way. As I said, I set it up to
use Classic App Pool (which runs on .NET v2.0).

Jon

Jon Davis

Jon Davis said:
[...]

Ah, I see what I did. I installed .NET v1.1 manually (after installing
Vista, which installs .NET v2). I don't remember if I installed v1.1 before
or after I set up my web sites, but regardless, I fixed the problem by
executing "aspnet_regiis.exe /u" and then "aspnet_regiis.exe /i" under the
v2 framework directory, then restored the app pool from ASP.NET 2.0 back to
my Classic App Pool subset.

Jon