conflict between asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0

C.W.

I have run into a really bizzare problem on my windows xp machine running
asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 simultaneously.

One of my asp.net 1.1 web application recently suddenly stopped running. I
repeated get the following error:

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.

I was at a loss to explain why it would be the case. I removed asp.net 2.0,
asp.net 1.1 service pack and asp.net 1.1. I then re-installed asp.net 1.1
and its service pack. My asp.net application started working again. I
reinstalled asp.net 2.0 and as soon as I do that, my asp.net application
stops working. I would then do a aspnet_regiis -i in the asp.net 1.1
framework folder. After an IIS reset, my asp.net app will resume. However,
as soon as I reboot my computer, the problem will start again. This time
around, aspnet_regiis and IISRESET commands have no effect. My only choice
is then to remove all of asp.net framework and reinstall only asp.net 1.1 +
service pack and my program will again resume.

I am really at a loss as to what may be causing this. I need asp.net 2.0 as
I have SQL Server 2005 stored procedures running under asp.net 2.0. Any idea
what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

C.W.

I have already made sure that my existing asp.net application runs under
asp.net 1.1. That had in effect on the problem I am having.

C.W.

I meant no effect.

C.W. said:
I have already made sure that my existing asp.net application runs under
asp.net 1.1. That had in effect on the problem I am having.

Joy

Hi,
I hope this post is still open for responses. Well, can you tell me which OS
are you using, this is so because if you are using Win 2003 then you can
configure your 1.1 and 2.0 apps to run in seperate application pools.

regards,
Joy