asp.net 2.0 and process.start

Pierre

Can someone set me straight on things to look out for in regards to being
able to launch an external application from within an asp.net 2.0 web
application please? I am using impersonation in web.config running under a
specific account but I think this is irrelevant in that a process will
launch using the asp worker process. Can you confirm?

Enter .NET 2.0, which includes the User, Domain, and Password properties on
the ProcessStartInfo type. In .NET 2.0 you can start a process under a
different set of credentials.

Is this still true? If so I guess I cannot re-use the same credential used
in my web.config for launching another app and would need to used a new
credential for the external process? Comments appreciated.

Shahzad Godil

Hi Pierre,

Do you want Process.Start on client machine or on server ?

We implemented one solution in which we have to launch our few windows based
application on client side. For this purpose, we created "Windows Control"
hosted in browser. Then that Windows control have enough permission to
launch our required client application.

Shahzad Godil

[...]

Karachi-Pakistan.

Pierre