asp.net 2.0 membership/profile question

Guest

I've created a new login/create user/retrieve password site that goes against
an active directory. Everything with regards to creating the user and
resetting the password seems to function perfectly. What I can not figure
out is how to store more information back into the active directory that I
collect during the registration process.

I've added a step to the Create User Wizard to gather first name, last name,
etc. but what is the proper method of getting that back into AD? It seems as
though I should be working with the profile object however the only examples
I've seen there relate to getting information into SQL Server and not mapping
back to AD fields.

I would really appreciate any help someone may be able to provide.