asp.net 2.0 on production server

Aaron

I'm too excited about the new features in 2.0. I'm think about installing
beta 2 to my live production server.

Is there going to be any problems running .net framework 2.0 beta 2 on a
production web server? security issues? compatibility with existing com,
..net 1.0, 1.1 apps?

Do you guys know of any high profiles thats running .net 2 beta 2?

What is the expected release date of the final version?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Terry Burns

I peronally would not expect the final release to be any earlier than
September. There are several companies now offering 2.0 Hosting one BETAII
to allow people to get ready.

I think you are playing a dangerous game by putting it on your production
server, there is allways a danger that features may be dropped from the
final release, Microsoft are at liberty to do this if they deem it needed.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Resist the temptation to put beta software on a mission critical production
server.
You're asking for problems. Don't you have enough problems as it is?
I suggest you use a separate server for ASP.NET 2.0 so you isolate any
problems that you (will) encounter.