asp.net 2.0, temporary assembly generation mechanism, and application restarting

sonic

Hello,

If I modify a aspx file, it is my understanding that the runtime will
generate a new assembly based on it, and place it in the temporary
asp.net files directory aside of the old version of this assembly, and
route new requsts to the new assembly. When maximum number of reloads (
15 by default ) is reached, AppDomain will be unloaded and the web app
will be restarted..

does this means that the behavior is changed from 1.1 where, when a
page was using a code behind file, instead of assembly, I could change
that code behind file infinitely and this would only reload the
assembly for that page instead of restarting the whole runtime, but now
only x amount of such changes are avaialble ?

I would be interested in preventing this and any other non explicit
application restarts by the framework. or at least knowing exactly when
to expect them.