Problem ASP.NET Assembly

Thomas Weiler

Hello,

I have several projects written with Visual Studio 2003 with asp.net in
Dotnet 1.1. Currently they run on an 2000 Server without any problems.
Now Iam trying to move some of them to a new 2008 Server. Everything
works fine instead of one ASP.NET Programm. On the new server I always
get the following error (Translatet from german):

The File or Assembly "<programm>" or one of its dependencies was not
found. Access denied.

(Original: Die Datei oder Assembly "<programm>" oder eine Abhängigkeit
davon wurde nicht gefunden. Zugriff verweigert )

In the Log down stands also:

The directive is not being applied to the reference (private, custom,
partial, or path-based assembly bind)

(Original: Die Richtlinie wird derzeit nicht auf den Verweis angewendet
(private, benutzerdefinierte, teilweise oder pfadbasierte Assemblybindung))

On an 2003 Server with Visual Studio installed I get the error message,
that the programme can`t access
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\...

The programme is an absolut simple file reader without any dependecies
on complex files or assemblies. The much more complex Applications have
no problems with the new 2008 server. What is wrong here? Can someone
give me a tip?

Thanks for all answers.

Mr. Arnold

Thomas said:
Hello,

I have several projects written with Visual Studio 2003 with asp.net in
Dotnet 1.1. Currently they run on an 2000 Server without any problems.
Now Iam trying to move some of them to a new 2008 Server. Everything
works fine instead of one ASP.NET Programm. On the new server I always
get the following error (Translatet from german):

The File or Assembly "<programm>" or one of its dependencies was not
found. Access denied.

You say it has no dependencies below there, but project or program does
have dependencies such as System and other references in the project to
DLL(s). They all may be .NET DLLs, but nevertheless, they are referenced.
(Original: Die Datei oder Assembly "<programm>" oder eine Abhängigkeit
davon wurde nicht gefunden. Zugriff verweigert )

In the Log down stands also:

The directive is not being applied to the reference (private, custom,
partial, or path-based assembly bind)

(Original: Die Richtlinie wird derzeit nicht auf den Verweis angewendet
(private, benutzerdefinierte, teilweise oder pfadbasierte Assemblybindung))

On an 2003 Server with Visual Studio installed I get the error message,
that the programme can`t access
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\...

You need to set the permissions on folder or files in folder so that
the user account that's running VS has the needed permissions. You might
give full access to the Everyone group if NTFS has a Everyone group on
2008 server.
The programme is an absolut simple file reader without any dependecies
on complex files or assemblies. The much more complex Applications have
no problems with the new 2008 server. What is wrong here? Can someone
give me a tip?
It sound like you simply have an user account permission issue.

Thomas Weiler

Mr. Arnold said:
You say it has no dependencies below there, but project or program does
have dependencies such as System and other references in the project to
DLL(s). They all may be .NET DLLs, but nevertheless, they are referenced.

You need to set the permissions on folder or files in folder so that the
user account that's running VS has the needed permissions. You might
give full access to the Everyone group if NTFS has a Everyone group on
2008 server.

It sound like you simply have an user account permission issue.
You`re right. Simply adding everyone to the Folder Framework and beyond
helps. Maybe Microsoft closed here a little to much in the new server
system?

Thanks for your help.

Mr. Arnold

Thomas said:
You`re right. Simply adding everyone to the Folder Framework and beyond
helps. Maybe Microsoft closed here a little to much in the new server
system?

The other thing you could do which is more secure than placing the
Everyone on the file of folder is to Take Ownership of the file or
folder with the user account in question.

The Everyone group is a hacker's hole that can lead them to compromising
the machine.

See if you can fix it by TOS and remove the Everyone.